Guidelines > JRT Subsidy FY2017
HCAC established a Rental Subsidy Program in 1997 to assist local arts organizations in utilizing The Jim Rouse Theatre for the Performing Arts on the campus of Wilde Lake High School in Columbia.
Purpose of the Subsidy Program
- To foster excellence, diversity, and vitality in arts offerings for Howard County residents.
- To broaden arts opportunities for Howard County audiences, artists and arts organizations.
- To increase the availability of arts activities in Howard County.
Goals of the Subsidy Program
- To maximize use of The Jim Rouse Theatre by local arts organizations.
- To make The Jim Rouse Theatre affordable for arts activities sponsored by local arts organizations.
Qualifications of Applicants
- Organization must be incorporated as a non-profit, tax-exempt organization, 501(c)3.
- Applicant must be an arts organization based in Howard County. Applicant organization must maintain their primary office and present at least 50% of their arts programs in Howard County.
- Organization must be soundly managed and financially accountable, and provide proof thereof.
- Activities of applicant organization must be open to the general public, whether free or fee based.
- Reasonable accommodations must be made forpeople with disabilities upon appropriate notification of need.
Note: No capital funds may be included in the budget. HCAC does not fund travel, budget deficits, capital expenditures, purchases of permanent equipment, or projects whose primary function is not artistic, e.g. fundraising events.
- The deadline for submission is May 18, 2016 at 11:59PM.
- Late applications will be rejected.
- Applicants may be asked to clarify or revise application.
- Incomplete applications will be returned.
- All required attachments and supplemental information must be included.
- Please direct all questions regarding preparation of these forms to HCAC at 410-313-2787.
If your organization is not applying for a FY2017 CAD Operating or Project grant, please request a hard copy of the JRT Subsidy application, fill out and return 13 copies by May 18, 2016, and attach the following materials (if not attached, your application will be returned):
Thirteen (13) copies of an outline or summary of your activities and/or projects for the past two years.
One (1) copy of the following materials:
- IRS letter of tax-exempt status.
- A copy of the organization’s most recently filed MD Personal Property Return. Organizations must be in good standing.
- A detailed projected budget for the organization’s fiscal year 2016 and estimated budget for 2015, including income and expenses.
- Financial summary statement or a review or audit for most recently completed fiscal or calendar year signed by a professional accountant or your organization’s fiscal officer.
- A copy of the organization’s most recent IRS Form 990.
- Names and addresses of current board of directors.
- A copy of the organization’s board resolution or minutes confirming board officers signed by the organization’s Secretary
- Resumes of principal project and organization administrative and artistic staff.
Three (3) copies of the following materials:
- Copies of catalogues, reviews, programs, brochures, or promotional materials related to the organization’s arts activities during the past year.
MAIL TO: Howard County Arts Council
8510 High Ridge Road
Ellicott City, MD 21043